Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 104

Thread: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

  1. #31
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What exactly is your experience with Univeral Health care in foreign countries? St. Judes is not a part of a universal health care system.

    They are a fabulous institution, that relies on fundraising and donations. I have been effected by St. Judes in my family, and I couldn't thank them enough for what they did, but don't try to even compare them to a universal health care system. You would be dragging down St. Judes good name. </div></div>

    I didnt say in foreign countries, St Jude turns no person away because they couldnt pay...which is what mostly every other hospital is th US does...and I am Not dragging down its name....if you had paid attention I mentioned that I am a former patient...I spent about a year and a half in that hospital so dont for a sec think that my friend that I am trying to drag their name down, I owe my life to them

  2. #32
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you really think every hospital could be run on donations? </div></div>

    and that not what I meant, Universal healthcare is ran by the government which like I said has billions and billions...if you have money to hurt ppl, you have money to help them

  3. #33
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    Does St. Jude actually treat everyone though?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #34
    Inactive Member imported_ndn10's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    749
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    so where does the govt get their "billions and billions" of dollars they spend on the war keeping us safe?


    I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13

  5. #35
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does St. Jude actually treat everyone though? </div></div>

    Yes they do, every child that has been stuck by a serious deisease they take in and treat with the best healthcare possible...Nobody has ever ben turned down because they couldnt pay..what insurance doesnt pick up or if you dont have any, St Judes covers...they pay for your food if you have to stay down there, give you a nice place to stay and even pay for the Plane ticket down there

  6. #36
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    I didnt say child with a serious disease. I said do they treat everyone?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #37
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndn12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so where does the govt get their "billions and billions" of dollars they spend on the war keeping us safe? </div></div>

    Of yes they use it for mostly war, and unnecessary one in Iraq IMO..and prolly even more in NASA...sorry but I think they should be using that to help the millions of americans that need it than going to the damn moon

  8. #38
    Inactive Member imported_ndn10's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    749
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    where dot hey get the money??? trees?


    I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13

  9. #39
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didnt say child with a serious disease. I said do they treat everyone? </div></div>

    yes pretty much, I seen 20 thirty yr old ppl there...Ive gotten sick a few times since I had hodgkins..just stuff like viruses and things and the docs treated that while i was there for check ups...radiation has caused a lot of teeth problems with me and SJ has its own dental department to take care of that

  10. #40
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    Yes pretty much is like every other hospital. St. Judes is a specailty case dealing mainly with children with life threatening illnesses, and then followup issues with those patients. They specialize in pediatric oncology. They don't do emergency services or other basic medical care.


    Dont think I am knocking St. Judes, because I am not. They are a special place. I am just proving that they are not on the same lines as a hospital in a "universal health care system".
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •